Sunday, December 7, 2014

Duane Donaldson speaks to student at a IMA meeting at Owens on Nov. 20.
   I expected this assignment to be easy for me because of my extensive experience with studio photography but it turned out to be quite the opposite.

Duane Donaldson Guest speaker for IMA at Owens on Nov. 20.
   I chose to photograph Duane Donaldson the guest speaker at the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) meeting at Owens on Nov. 20. I took shots of him speaking to the students during the meeting but I did not have full access to him until after the meeting.

Duane Donaldson (left) and Rama Kannan at the IMA
meeting at Owens on Nov.20.
Rama Kannon, advisor for IMA at Owens on Nov. 20.
   As to not interrupt the closing of the meeting Donaldson and I had to go into the hallway to meet. I briefly interviewed and took a headshot of him. When Rama Kannan, the Advisor for IMA, came out of the meeting I called her over to take a picture of her and Donaldson together and also got a shot of her alone.
   I feel that I met the part of the assignment that required me to get a headshot of my subject, but I don't know that the other shots really met the requirement for an environmental shot. With Donaldson not being in his natural environment and trying not to do anything to disrupt the meeting I'm not sure what I could have shot to meet the requirement. I think if I had this assignment to do over again I would have done one of a few different things: meet with Kannan ahead of time to let her know what I needed and worked out a way to set it up, met with Donaldson ahead of time to photograph him in is natural environment or chosen a different subject all together. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment