Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The First Amendment: 45 words that mean so much


The First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

          This amendment is unique to our country and I am grateful we have it. 
          The rights that are protected in this amendment would be punishable by imprisonment or death in some other countries. As a photojournalism student this amendment will be my saving grace as I venture out into the field.
          When I started this Intro to Photojournalism class I already knew what my first amendment rights were, but as we went into detail in class I learned more about what each one meant. We took the First Amendment quiz as a class and got 25 out of 30. Some of the questions were easy for me to answer but others made me have to really think.
          I encourage everyone to know their rights and to exercise them. Follow the link above for the First Amendment quiz and let me know how you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment