Sunday, September 14, 2014

Starting over and moving forward

            I started this blog last fall as part of my Photojournalism class at Owens Community College, but unfortunately I was unable to finish the class due to a car accident. 
          I have fully recovered from that accident and I am retaking the class this semester. I will be using this blog not only for class assignments, but also for professional use in journalism, photojournalism, and documentary work.
          I am excited and honored to be the new News Editor for the Owens Outlook online student newspaper this semester. I feel that I have a lot to learn from this position, and hope to contribute to it.
          I am a communications major at Owens and will graduate in December. After graduation I plan to attend BGSU to obtain a bachelor’s degree in journalism.
          My passions are writing and photography. In an effort to inspire positive change in our country and around the world, I hope to one day do documentary work that spotlights both the best and worst of humanity.

          Follow me on twitter @JanelleSmith1 and you can also follow the Outlook on twitter @OwensOutlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment